ADSM-L

Re: How to check if TSM is using hw compression?

2003-09-08 00:59:31
Subject: Re: How to check if TSM is using hw compression?
From: Bernd Schemmer <Bernd.Schemmer AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 06:59:43 +0100
Stapleton, Mark wrote:
From:   Bernd Schemmer [mailto:Bernd.Schemmer AT GMX DOT DE]

Using TSM 5.1.6.2 on Solaris 8 with a Sun L20 Tape Library (using DLT8000

drives) how can I check if TSM uses the hardware compression of the drives?<

TSM doesn't use hardware compression. Whether or not a tape drive uses
compression is a parameter set at the operating system level.

So how do I turn it on using the TSM tape driver (there's no special
device like if I use the normal Solaris driver)???

Bernd

Bernd Schemmer, Stalburgstr. 14, 60318 Frankfurt, Germany
email: Bernd.Schemmer AT gmx DOT de
Phone/Fax: +49 - 69 /  95520301
mobil: +49 - 179 / 4647978