ADSM-L

Re: Which nodes on a given tape, what maxscr value to use ?

2003-09-05 09:17:24
Subject: Re: Which nodes on a given tape, what maxscr value to use ?
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:16:36 -0400
Replace $1 with the volume name and this LONG RUNNING query will tell you what
nodes are on a tape:

select distinct node_name from volumeusage where volume_name='$1'

>>> Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM 9/5/2003 9:11:44 AM >>>
Hi,
as many of us probably, we use seq. stg pools with collocation ON for
backups. To limit the number of tapes used, maxscr value is smaller than the
number of nodes.

- Now, any advice to write an sql select to list all node_names stored on a
given volume (distinct node_name) ?

- What I would also appreciate is a method to know when to increase the
maxscr value to limit the number of volumes / node to an acceptable level
(not too many tapes to mount for restoring).

Thanks for any tips,

yours,

                René LAMBELET
                NESTEC  SA
                GLOBE - Global Business Excellence
                Central Support Center
                SD/ESN
                Av. Nestlé 55  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
                tél +41 (0)21 924 35 43   fax +41 (0)21 924 13 69   local
K4-104
                mailto:rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com

                This message is intended only for the use of the addressee
                and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.