ADSM-L

[no subject]

2003-09-04 15:29:07
From: "Maxim Baturin" <mbaturin AT MAIL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:28:13 +0400
Hi Al!

I deleted drive and path in TSM and created them again...
Basicaly, I already deleted library and drive and path for both of them and
created them again in TSM... but still no luck....
Looks like some kind logical error in TSM...
because checkin and checkout with checklabels from tapes works just fine....
:-((

>Maxim,

>When you say "deleted and redefined drives" what
> that in Solaris or TSM? I've had similar
>situations (on AIX) and was successful
> delete/redefining drives 1st on the OS, then in TSM.

>Al
>allen.barth AT DB DOT COM

Subject:        ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library

Hi everybody!

I checked archives, and found some similar problems but without resolution ((

So, may be some body already got the answer.
After upgrading Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 and TSM from 5.1.6 to 5.1.7 our links in
/dev/rmt changed order, so we had to update path defenitions to new devices
names (2mt become 1mt and 0lb become 2lb) updating path for library was
successful, but drive not... I continiusly was getting - invalid request for
update path.... bla bla bla...

So I deleted path and drive and recreated them.
After everything started to work for the first look (checkout and checkin works
just fine - that means drive can read labels from tapes - library does not have
barcode reader) But in any action which require to mount volume I'm getting the
follow
messages:

ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library DLT1LIB. ANR1401W Mount
request denied for volume DLT819 - mount failed.

It is DELL PV120TDLT1 library with only one Benchmark DLT1 drive so mount limit
is 1 in devclass definition (i danced around with all possible values - mount
limit drives, format =drives, dlt40, dlt40c, dlt1,
dlt1c) and nothing helped.....
restarting tsm couple time also does not make any effect

Does any body have any idea what I can do?
May be there is exist some options to get more detailed log?

Regards,
Maxim
batourine_m AT ald.utoronto DOT ca