ADSM-L

ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library

2003-09-03 23:46:09
Subject: ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library
From: "Maxim Baturin" <mbaturin AT MAIL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:45:18 +0400
Hi everybody!

I checked archives, and found some similar problems but without resolution ((

So, may be some body already got the answer.
After upgrading Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 and TSM from 5.1.6 to 5.1.7 our links in
/dev/rmt changed order, so we had to update path defenitions to new devices
names (2mt become 1mt and 0lb become 2lb)
updating path for library was successful, but drive not... I continiusly was
getting - invalid request for update path.... bla bla bla...

So I deleted path and drive and recreated them.
After everything started to work for the first look (checkout and checkin works
just fine - that means drive can read labels from tapes - library does not have
barcode reader)
But in any action which require to mount volume I'm getting the follow messages:

ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library DLT1LIB.
ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume DLT819 - mount failed.

It is DELL PV120TDLT1 library with only one Benchmark DLT1 drive
so mount limit is 1 in devclass definition (i danced around with all possible
values - mount limit drives, format =drives, dlt40, dlt40c, dlt1, dlt1c) and
nothing helped.....
restarting tsm couple time also does not make any effect

Does any body have any idea what I can do?
May be there is exist some options to get more detailed log?

Regards,
Maxim
batourine_m AT ald.utoronto DOT ca