ADSM-L

Sv: Suggestions for W2K recovery

2003-09-03 18:11:48
Subject: Sv: Suggestions for W2K recovery
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:13:59 +0200
Hi Matt!
There is no problem with your boot.ini file.
The problem is the Windows Registry.
The boot device drivers in the registry point on one driver and the new Server
use a newer or another driver to boot up your disk controller card.

When you restore your files/images to a new hardware you need to be sure that
the drivers who installed on the orginal machine is the same as new new one.

There is only one way to sold your problem right now.
That is to install the new drivers on the orginal machine and then backit up
and restore it to the new machine.

But we have a group at Cristie Data Products who looking to sold this kind of
problem when you clone system or run a Disaster Recovery on new hardware.

Good luck
Christian