ADSM-L

Re: Initialization failed for 3494lib

2003-09-03 07:20:34
Subject: Re: Initialization failed for 3494lib
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:20:14 -0400
>I am using TSM V5.1.5 on windows2000 platform and I have the following
>problem:
>
>ANR8452E Initialization failed for 349X library 3494LIB;
>                       will retry in 2 minute(s).
>
>Any ideas?

Well, the obvious thing to do when your system, which has been accessing
the 3494 library fine up until now, has a problem doing so is to at least
check the status of the library via the 'mtlib' command, if not visit the
library and check its status.  Your operators may have opened the library
to deal with a tape problem, and failed to put it back into Automated
Operation mode, or the CE may be working on it, etc.  Or there may be a
network problem.  Do the basic continuity checks along the line to
isolate the problem.

Customers with major tape libraries should have a monitor program of some
kind watching the library for problems.  You can put something like that
together using the mtlib command.  If you're interested in a sample C
program for interrogating a 3494, write to me directly (rbs AT bu DOT edu).

  Richard Sims  http://people.bu.edu/rbs