ADSM-L

Re: Forcing Expiration in TSM

2003-09-02 23:23:07
Subject: Re: Forcing Expiration in TSM
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:22:42 -0500
From:   Rothecker, Chris ISC [mailto:Chris.Rothecker AT ISC-ONLINE DOT CA]
>I have some old database files that are no longer useful hanging around in
my backups and I'd really like to expire them so that I can recalim the
media they are sitting on.  Is there a way to expire specific files or
backups in a certain date range for a specific client?<

Not directly. You can rebind all versions of a given file to a new management
class with shorter retentions, but you can't specifically exclude a range of
dates for a given file.