ADSM-L

Re: downward compatibility clients / server v 5.2

2003-09-02 11:25:02
Subject: Re: downward compatibility clients / server v 5.2
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:57:34 +0200
Hi,

5.1.

Supported by Tivoli is +/- 1 client version. If you have a 5.1 server you
can use 4.2, 5.1 and 5.2 clients.

//Henrik

                    "Tuyl Adrie, A.C.
                    van"                       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    <Adrie.vanTuyl@ORAN        cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                    JEWOUD.NL>                 Subject:     downward
compatibility clients / server v 5.2
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected]

                    2003-09-02 17:33
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

To what  level downwards are clients compatible to server version 5.2?
(I can't seem to find that in the readme's / references (or I am looking in
the wrong place in which case I would like to be pointed in the right
direction ;-)

We are planning for a server upgrade (windows) from level 4.2.2.6, to 5.2
or
5.1 but we need to have some 4.2 clients staying on the 4.2 level.
Is this possible / advisable? Or is it better to go to 5.1.7.2?

Are there already experiences from 5.2 in a production environment?

Thanks for your time,
Adrie van Tuyl

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
postmaster AT oranjewoud DOT nl
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been checked by
McAfee Groupshield for the presence of computer viruses.

this message.
Thank you.