ADSM-L

Select on contact field doesn't find results

2003-09-02 08:35:32
Subject: Select on contact field doesn't find results
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:35:12 +0200
Hello all,

(I've searched the list archive and the server readme's
to see if this a known problem but I can't find anything)

Does anybody understand why the second select doesn't
find the node BLAAT2 ?
I must be missing something, but I've been staring
at this for quite some time and I can't see what I'm
doing wrong.

tsm: XXXXXX>select node_name,contact from nodes where node_name like
'BLAAT%'

NODE_NAME              CONTACT
------------------     ------------------
BLAAT1                 Alexander
BLAAT2

tsm: XXXXXX>select node_name,contact from nodes where node_name like
'BLAAT%' \
cont> and contact not like 'Alex%'
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen