ADSM-L

move nodedata

2003-09-02 07:04:01
Subject: move nodedata
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:50:42 +0200
Hello,

I wanted and tried to move a nodes data to a different storagepool,
non-collocated to collocated.
>From dlt-standard with copypool to dlt-monthly with copypool-monthly.
(move nodedata xxx from=dlt-standard to=dlt-monthly)

Move within primarypools went ok and I thought that admin schedules (ba
stg, expire inventory) would take care of my copypool. I was wrong.
Now I have my nodes data on both copypools but only on dlt-monthly
priamaypool. (q occ xxx)
I havn´t tried to move nodedata xxx from=copypool
to=copypool-monthly.......

1. What would I have done instead of move nodedata to get a better result?
2. How do I get rid of the extra copy in copypool?
3. Works as designed?

tia
//Henrik

tsm: STO-W03>h move nodedata
MOVE NODEDATA

MOVE NODEDATA (Move Data by Node in a Sequential Access Storage Pool)

Use this command to move data located in a sequential-access storage pool.
You can move data for one or more nodes, or a single node with selected
filespaces. The data can be located in either a primary or copy storage
pool.

This command is helpful for reducing the number of volume mounts
during client restore or retrieve operations by consolidating data for a
specific node within a storage pool, or to move data to another storage
pool.

For example, you can use this command for moving data to a
random-access storage pool in preparation for client restore processing.

this message.
Thank you.