ADSM-L

TDP for Domino 6. ver 5.1.5.1

2003-08-27 09:30:56
Subject: TDP for Domino 6. ver 5.1.5.1
From: Lisa Laughlin <laughl AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:59:52 -0500
I have just discovered something interesting, which in this case is not
something good.

We have transaction logging on, and TDP incrementals run nightly against
the logged databases.  It was my understanding that the incremental would
"turn into" a selective if the DBIID changed or it encountered a new
database.

It's not doing that.  The admins are putting new user databases onto the
server, and they are not being caught by the incremental.  I guess they
don't get 'caught' until we do a compact/selective.

Did I misunderstand the documentation, or is this not working as designed.
Do I tell my notes admins to run a selective backup every time they create
a new database?

tia

lisa