ADSM-L

Re: Waiting for media? Why?

2003-08-27 09:30:55
Subject: Re: Waiting for media? Why?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:24:08 -0400
>The sessions have ended, but session 3 was a backup session over SAN,
>session 41 started as soon as session 3 was finished. It seems to me that
>TSM is seeing only one drive for some weird reason.

If you had done a Query SEssion F=D you might have see that the second
session was in line for the tape being used by the first session,
depending upon your Collocation policies.  Devclass MOUNTLimit seems a
less likely cause, given the additional info, but it's always good to
check that every once in a while.

Too many customers who post problems have issued only cursory queries.
When you have a problem, working the problem to reasonable thoroughness
will usually uncover the reasons for it, and make for a very satisfying
learning experience.  The ADSM-L membership is always happy to assist
with knotty problems, but please do the basic fact gathering and
examination first.

  Richard Sims, BU