ADSM-L

LinuxIA64 and Opteron support?

2003-08-26 06:58:54
Subject: LinuxIA64 and Opteron support?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:57:03 +0200
Hi all,

a few months back, out of the blue an LinuxIA64 api appeared on the TSM ftp
site, just before 5.2 was released. So now, when I was asked about a full
client, I'd expect to be able to say: 'get it from here', alas, no, no full
client :-/

Now the same question pops up for Opteron as well.... Does anybody know if
and when IA64 linux and Opteron will be fully supported?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams