ADSM-L

Missing files - urgent help required

2003-08-19 14:06:12
Subject: Missing files - urgent help required
From: RAMNAWAZ NAVEEN <naveen.nr AT SBM.INTNET DOT MU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:05:51 +0400
Hi,

I am currently facing quite a strange problem and I can't find a clue or
solution to it. Some .dbf files are archived on a daily basis and the expiry
is set to NOLIMIT . The problem is that I was trying to do a retrieve for a
specific date, I noticed that all files between 23/06/02 to 30/06/02 are
"MISSING" i.e  I cannot find them from the client GUI.

The volume is not deleted or destroyed and it can still be si still be
queried from the DB. But when I query the contents of the tape, the archived
objects are still there. Furthermore, objects backed up to the same volume
after the 30/06/02 are still accessible from the cleint interface. One more
thing, the first two days files (23 & 24 ) are not on this volume but on
another one but still not accessible.

These files were accessible last week, as i restored last week's TSM DB and
was able to retrieve the files from the same volumes. When I query the
activity log with the search string bearing the volume name, there is
nothing to indicate that the volume status was altered or whatsoever.

All your sugestions and assistance to solve same will be highly appreciated.
(Both TSM server version 5.1.11 & client 5.1.0.0

Help, Please.

Thanks.