ADSM-L

Re: slow restores on AIX machines with recent OS upgrade

2003-08-15 09:39:54
Subject: Re: slow restores on AIX machines with recent OS upgrade
From: Michael Lambert <mlambe7 AT LSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:38:54 -0500
>Being aware of this, I should think that your AIX admins would respond
>by
>performing network throughput tests to see if their AIX upgrade needs
>network parameter adjustments, as in Receive Buffers, if not Routing.
>I would suggest running some benchmark tests in the AIX host where the
>TSM server is to measure tape drive performance as driven by OS commands
>(tapeutil; tar of a random-content large file) to help isolate the
>problem as being drive/tape or network.  The impression we have at the
>moment is that those AIX admins have upgraded systems without performing
>requisite quality assurance on the result, which is not good.

As my previous emails stated, everything but restores are working as
expected. The problem must lie in the OS, as the network / tape drives / TSM
server are fine. Everyone else here can use TSM as always. It's only on
the AIX OS upgraded machines that we're having problems.

--
Michael Lambert <mlambe7 AT lsu DOT edu>