ADSM-L

Re: Question with DB2

2003-08-15 09:36:36
Subject: Re: Question with DB2
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:28:51 -0400
>Thanks for the information. This API manual could you elaborate more(DB2,
>TSM). I looked in redbooks TSM manual and searched on ggogle but did not
>ever find anything on Reason code 13.

In our ADSM-L postings, all of our references are relative to the TSM subject
area unless otherwise qualified to identify things external to TSM.
So "the API manual" refers to the TSM manual "Using the API", which is part
of the client package.

Note to all users of TDPs:  It is important that you get familiar with the
TSM API and how to refer to its return codes, in that all TDPs are "middleware"
which utilize the 3rd party API (DB/2, MSSQL, etc.) on one side, and the TSM
on the other, to effect backup and restoral.  We see a lot of postings where
customers are unaware of this, and it delays resolution of their business
service problem.

More and more vendors block web indexing "spiders", which impart a load which
interferes with customer searches; so when searching for details regarding
symptoms from a given product, it is best to search within the vendor's site.

  Richard Sims, BU