ADSM-L

Re: Resolved: URGENT!! TSM client schedules not running

2003-08-14 10:30:11
Subject: Re: Resolved: URGENT!! TSM client schedules not running
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:29:41 -0400
Ok you guys had to start talking about this and now it has happened to me.
Nearly all my servers in prompt mode didn't take a backup last night. Nothing
in  the activity
log and nothing in the dsmsched.logs. I'm running server 5.1.6.4 on AIX 5.1 and
clients range from 4.1.2.12 to 5.1.5.15, all Windows (NT and 2k). Most of these
servers
had the MS patch installed for the blaster virus yesterday. Is this just a
coincidence??. I know its not a network problem because all my UNIX clients
where running
backups all night and those are not scheduled by TSM but by crontabs.

So David, what was the tcpip settings you had to change?

Thanks

Guillaume Gilbert
Conseiller - Gestion du stockage
CGI - Gestion intégré des technologies
TEL.:  (514) 415-3000 ext 5091
Pager:   (514) 957-2615
Email : guillaume.gilbert AT cgi DOT com

When I had the problem, I did open a PMR and they finally tracked my
problem down to a tcp read buffer problem.  They had me adjust the tcp
values and the problem has not reoccurred.

David