ADSM-L

Re: tape library problems under 5.1

2003-08-12 08:49:12
Subject: Re: tape library problems under 5.1
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:48:59 -0400
Hi:
I provided some traces to TSM Level 2 support. What I got back was that
there was some data in a 'bad' format from ADSM 3.7 on the tapes in that
library. And what I needed to do was
- do a query on all tapes in that library with a status of FILLING
- mark all those tapes read only
- do a move data on each to a scratch tape

I was not convinced since we had upgraded that library to use K type
cartridges and I did a move data on all the tapes at that time.
However the move datas completed overnight and reclamations occurred in
that library afterwards.

I did do that and the 1st move data allocated a scratch tape and used
both drives

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:11:04PM +0200, Remco Post wrote:

> and 'q path'? 'help upd path' to fix paths....

It's not the problem with paths. We have the same problem with our
TSM.
We've opened PMR for this and hope what will come out of it...

--
Przemyslaw Maciuszko
Agora SA