ADSM-L

Extras drives Ultrium LTO to reduce backup SAP's time ?

2003-08-12 08:32:41
Subject: Extras drives Ultrium LTO to reduce backup SAP's time ?
From: Juan Jose Reale <juan.reale AT AES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:20:54 -0400
 Hello.
I have a LTO Ultrium Ultrascalable Tape Library 3584 L32 and this library has
three (3) drives LTO Ultrium I (First Generation). Every day the TDP for R/3
(version 3.2.0.8) takes backups online of database's SAP (Oracle) through TSM
Server 4.2. This TSM Server is running on an RS/600 with AIX 4.3.3.  With these
tree drives LTO, the backup lasts between 7 and 8 hours and the average
transmission rate was about between 200 GB/h (62 MB/sec) and 260 GB/h (74
MB/sec). This database's size is 1.660 GB.
Well, As I need to reduce the backup's time till 4 hours or down, how can I
find out this solution? Must I allocate others extra drives in order to reduce
the backup's time? I am not sure if it will be reduce the backup's time with
the others drives Ultrium because I have proved the backup with four drives and
his time was not reduced and his result was the same 260 GB/h (74 MB/sec).
I need your comments and I very much look forward to hearning you.
Thank you very much.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.