ADSM-L

Re: Internal Server Error Detected

2003-08-07 11:25:41
Subject: Re: Internal Server Error Detected
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:27:02 -0500
All our Netware servers are now at V6 but it took at least a year to get
them all upgraded.  In the meantime all our Netware V4.11 boxes were using
the TSM Client version 4.1.3.0 and had no problems with backups.  Is NW
V4.10 that much different?  And if so, wouldn't it be easier to upgrade
your NW's to V4.11?  I know next to nothing about NetWare except as a big
chunk of my TSM Backup Clients so I may be way off base here, but it seems
to me that it is much easier to upgrade the NW boxes one level than to
consider bringing in another backup product that will not be half as
versatile as TSM.

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com