ADSM-L

Re: Policy Domain Question

2003-08-07 11:08:16
Subject: Re: Policy Domain Question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:08:00 -0400
Instead of going to all that hassle, try Autovault.

It is a VERY INEXPENSIVE replacement for DRM that will vault primary pools
as well as copy pools if you tell it to.

You can download a trial at www.coderelief.com.
Very easy to install, provides everything that DRM does except the
server-to-server license.
No hooks into TSM, can't hurt your server.  Great technical support.

We found it CHEAPER to replace DRM with Autovault than to write and maintain
the front end automation scripts the we needed to have our operators
automatically run vaulting without having to be TSM admins.

It also handles some other issues better than DRM does, contact me if you
want more information.
And no, I don't sell the software.
I have just found it to be a better value and more bulletproof than DRM for
my sites.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
443-778-8769

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Dilbert/Scott Adams