ADSM-L

Keeping track of backup sets

2003-08-06 06:28:37
Subject: Keeping track of backup sets
From: Mark Ferraretto <mark.ferraretto AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:28:21 +0800
All,

I'm using TSM 5.1.6.1 on AIX 5.  I backup NT and Solaris, AIX, Linux clients.
All are running v5.1.5.x client.

TSM doesn't keep track of volumes used to create a backup set.  I've found that
I can get around this by querying the VOLHISTORY and BACKUPSETS tables and join
them using the DATE_TIME field.  Assuming 2 backup sets weren't created at
exactly the same time (to the second), this seems to be a way of keeping track
of which volumes are used for backup sets.

Here's the query I run

select backupset_name, volume_name, volume_seq from backupsets, volhistory
where type = 'BACKUPSET' and backupsets.date_time = volhistory.date_time order
by backupset_name, volume_seq

Am I correct?  Opinions appreciated

Thanks

Mark

--
Mark Ferraretto
Unix Systems Administrator

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.