ADSM-L

define devclass file on w2k not working on mounted share?

2003-08-06 05:32:17
Subject: define devclass file on w2k not working on mounted share?
From: Tobias Hofmann <tobias.hofmann AT MEDIEN.UNI-WEIMAR DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:31:07 +0200
hi all,

I would like to create a devclass of devtype=file on a windows 2000
server (w2k) running tsm5.1.0.0 using as dir-path a mounted share of
another machine. So what I do is I mount the share of the other machine,
using the gui-analogon to "net use" (sorry, German OS here, don,t know
the English terms by heart), on, say, drive f:, and then do

define devclass remoteshare devtype=file dir="f:\tsmbackups" on the
admin command line. result is

ANR8366E DEFINE DEVCLASS: Invalid value for DIRECTORY parameter.

I am told that on a Unix-machine, it is possible to define a devclass of
type file on mounted volumes...

Am I missing something here? What could be the solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance for any input,

kind regards, tobias hofmann :)

Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Hofmann   Bauhaus-Universitaet Weimar  D99423 Weimar
Professur fuer Graphische Datenverarbeitung      Projekt medienquadrat
SnailMail:  Bauhaus-Universitaet  Weimar,  Fak. Medien,  D99421 Weimar
Location:     D99423 Weimar     Karl-Haussknechtstr. 7      Zimmer 111
                Fon: ++49-(0)3643-58-3780  Fax : -3701
          e-mail: mailto:tobias.hofmann AT medien.uni-weimar DOT de