ADSM-L

Restore in idle

2003-08-05 15:09:52
Subject: Restore in idle
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:09:25 -0700
I am watching a computer sit idle waiting for the TSM server to do something
with the restore session open. After selecting files and clicking restore it
has been 15 minutes and nothing has happened. I know it needs to mount a
tape yet I see no drives in reserved status. Nor does a q sess f=d show a
media access status. All the TSM server is doing was expiration.

Once migration kicked off it looks like it finally decided to kick in. Not
sure if that was just coincidence or what. I don't normally see this much
wait time from the time I click restore to the TSM server actually doing
something.

Any insight as to why the long delay???

TSM Server AIX 4.3.3, TSM 5.1.6.3

Client NT4 SP6a, TSM 5.1.5.15