ADSM-L

Internal Server Error Detected

2003-08-05 13:43:33
Subject: Internal Server Error Detected
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:43:06 -0500
We just upgrade our server version from 4.2.1.7 to 5.1.7.1 on AIX 4.3.3.
We had to upgrade to stay in support.
The client having problems is 3.1.0.8 running on Netware 4.10 (I
understand Netware 4.10 cannot use TSM B/A Clients higher than 3.1.0.8).
I understand B/A 3.x is way out of support.

This has been happening since the upgrade of the server code.
I have a DIRMC set in a client option set assigned to this node, which
points to sequential file based volumes in that management class.  The
rest of the files backup to our default management class, which points to
random disk volumes.  When we attempt to backup files and directories, we
get the following in the activity logs...

08/05/03 12:20:59     ANR0406I Session 27441 started for node
SFRMC_SURGERY
                       (NetWare) (Tcp/Ip x.x.x.x(3736)).
08/05/03 12:21:08     ANR8340I FILE volume /tsmdirdisk/00001EEB.BFS
mounted.
08/05/03 12:21:08     ANR9999D bfcreate.c(1918): ThreadId<64> Destination

                       switched from L1_DIR_FILEPOOL to L1_PRI_DSK in the
middle
                       of  a transaction.
08/05/03 12:21:08     ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 27441 for
node
                       SFRMC_SURGERY (NetWare) - internal server error
detected.

I did some searching on the net, using the text of the ANR9999D message,
and found one post where removing the DIRMC setting helped.  That didn't
help for us.  (Side note:  First, our DIRMC setting was set via a client
option set, and I couldn't quickly see how to remove a client option set
value from a specific node, so I copied the existing client option set to
a new name, and deleted the option for DIRMC in the new set, and assigned
the node to that new client option set.  That didn't help, so I renamed
the node in TSM, created a new node with no client option set value, and
tried the backup again.  Same error.  Of course, we restarted the NLMs
after every change to be certain.)

Has anyone found a way to get a Netware 4.10 server using B/A client
3.1.0.8 to work with TSM Server 5.1+?