ADSM-L

Migrate to tape

2003-08-05 05:05:21
Subject: Migrate to tape
From: tani <tani AT MAIL2.UDC DOT ES>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:05:07 +0200
 Hi,

 Is it posible to migrate data from disk to tape whitout modify the high and
low parameters  of the storage pool?

 upd stg diskpool hig=0 low=0
 upd stg diskpool hig=90 low=75

 This method doesn't work in a trigger because it's necessary a short interval
 of time between the first and second command to start the migration.

 I must use two tiggers to be able to perform the migration.

 Other problem, it's while the parameters in the storage pool are fixed to
zero and if in this moment a client makes a backup, it'll write to the tape,
not to disk array.
 Are there any solution to this problem? I'ld prefer the clients write the
data to disk array, always.

 Thanks in advance