ADSM-L

Re: copy storage pool implementation

2003-08-04 16:20:18
Subject: Re: copy storage pool implementation
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:11:12 -0500
Let uour D/R requirements drrive this. I have 3 archive copy pools and one
backup pool. This worked out as easier to implement and monitor than a lot
of co-located nodes. One archive pool is TDP; one is SAP/Oracle redo logs;
and the third is all other oracle databases AND the second copy of the
SAP/oracle redo logs. Within the backup pool, my MS-Exchange infostore
backups are co-located, so I end up with three tapes (two MS-exchange, one
everything else).

Our D/R requirements are such that I need to have MS-Exchange and SAP up in
48 hours or less (we're getting about 12 hours now) and a lot of the other
systems need to be recovered 'as soon as the hardware we need to support
them has arrived' -- so as soon as SAP and MS-Exchange are up, I start
recovering my primary storage pools (several of which are co-located).

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc