ADSM-L

Support for OCFS

2003-08-04 01:02:01
Subject: Support for OCFS
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:46:41 +1000
Has anyone experience of backing up Oracle Cluser File System (OCFS) files?
My client is LinuxX86 TSM client 5.1.5 which has access to an OCFS
filesystem. TSM Server is 5.1.6.4 on AIX 5.1.

By default, OCFS data does not get backed up, even if the mount points are
added to the domain - it's just ignored ie backups complete with no errors
but the OCFS data is effectively excluded. However if the path is added to
a VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT option then backups appear to work, although I have a
suspicion this may not be reliable. Archives don't seem to work regardless
of what we try.

We intend to use rman to backup the data on the OCFS via TDP for Databases
5.2 and will be trying this next week. But I'd like to have the option of
backing up/archiving these files too.
Has anyone been there and done that?

Cheers,

Eric Winters