ADSM-L

Re: move of Database and Logfile

2003-08-01 13:20:29
Subject: Re: move of Database and Logfile
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:19:37 -0400
Yes.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> wfitzger AT MHC DOT NET 08/01/03 01:15PM >>>
when you say mirrored, do you mean

on the new storage
create copy of db file using define dbvol
                                            delete dbvol
                                            define DBcopy (syncing to file on
old storage)
after the synicing
                                            delete dbvol (on the old storage)
does that make the newly created copy the primary?

>>> fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU 08/01/03 12:07PM >>>
When we've done this in the past, we've mirrored everything onto the new
volumes and then deleted the old volumes.

At 11:57 AM 8/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I am in the process of moving the database, log file, and the disc based
>storage pool from SSA drives to a FastT-600.
>
>the move of the storage pools is straight forward adding space on the
>T-600 and then deleting the space from the other drives when the pool is empty
>
>the db and log is what I need help with.
>Has any one done this? what is the best way to do it? any tips, pit falls,
>or advice you can give me is appreciated
>
>William Fitzgerald
>Software Programmer
>Munson Medical Center
>wfitzger AT mhc DOT net

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.