ADSM-L

Re: using a tape drive attached to remote computer

2003-07-31 14:39:17
Subject: Re: using a tape drive attached to remote computer
From: Julius Loman <lomo AT KYBERIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:39:04 +0200
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:25:19AM -0500, "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT
BANKSTERLING DOT COM> wrote:
> Question: If you defined the remote computer (client with tape drive) as a
> server,
>   couldn't you use it as part of a 'remote storage pool'?
probably yes, i will try it today and report if it is successfull..
>   Under the new licensing scenario, would it cost more for the client with a
> tape drive over being just a
>   regular client computer?
our salesman told me that is not important whether it is a server or a
client.. only the CPU number affects the price
but he could be wrong

--

[ Julius Loman ][ lomo AT kyberia DOT net ][ http://lomo.kyberia.net ][
icq:35732873 ]

 Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?