ADSM-L

Re: Newbie Oracle Question

2003-07-31 12:41:18
Subject: Re: Newbie Oracle Question
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:41:00 +0200
Hi,
I couldn't find such a tool a few months ago.

There used to be ADSM Connect Agent for Oracle, which worked fine with EBU,
but I couldn't get this Agent working with the newer API's (4.2 and higher).

You could try to use an older API (eg 3.1) with this Connect Agent, but then
the client will be incompatible with the server. It might still work, but
should be tested careful, because you can get unexpected results during
backup and restore.

I ended up making backups to disk. One can also write a script that sets the
Oracle-DB in backup mode and then makes a backup or archive of the
database-files.

Regards
Jeroen