ADSM-L

Re: Multiple backup of a file that doesn't change?

2003-07-30 06:03:26
Subject: Re: Multiple backup of a file that doesn't change?
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:02:55 +0200
Hi Flemming,
this could be easily done by selective backup of this file by somebody
after normal incremental backup. Using selective backup you can backup
file as many times as you want. During selective backup TSM client does
not check if file was changed or not.

Hope this helps

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Flemming Hougaard <flhou AT NETVAULTING DOT COM>
30.07.2003 10:28
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Multiple backup of a file that doesn't change?

Hi all

First of all... I'm not drunk, on drugs or anything like that - only a
severe headache....

I have a NetWare 5.1 SP3 (I know it's old...), TSA5UP12 is applied, TSM
Client 5.1.6.0 - and running a normal scheduled incremental backup every
night... and still I've a screendump in front of me where I can read the
following:

Opticut.exe (active), Modified: 01-12-1999 15:27:12, Created: 08-06-2001
18:19:25, Backed Up: 28-07-2003 21:15:17
Opticut.exe (inactive), Modified: 01-12-1999 15:27:12, Created: 08-06-2001
18:19:25, Backed Up: 25-07-2003 03:31:21

How can this happen????

Regards
Flemming