ADSM-L

Re: High Utilization on Netware Server

2003-07-29 12:30:31
Subject: Re: High Utilization on Netware Server
From: "Marsh, David" <dmarsh AT SHC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:30:15 -0700
You can put a line in the dsm.opt that forces dsmc to give up some
processor time for something else. The line is "processor" (without the
quotes) with a number. My dsm.opt shows processor 2. This forces dsmc to
give up processor time for 10 sec. at a time. Even though you may not
see your utilization go down, you can look at the highest processor
threads and watch dsmc go down in the list, letting other applications
have some time. I am also looking into finding some way that I can lower
the priority of dsmc.

With regards,

Dave Marsh
Scottsdale Healthcare