ADSM-L

Re: Expiration Question on 5.1.6.4

2003-07-28 12:54:43
Subject: Re: Expiration Question on 5.1.6.4
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:51:07 -0400
Thanks for the responses, Mike and Richard.

As I mentioned DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS is set to 5-days.

[From my previous email] DRM expiration is set as follows:

  DB Backup Series Expiration Days: 5 Day(s)
Recovery Plan File Expiration Days: 14 Day(s)

Which is much less than the 30-day del volhist and should avoid any
conflicts with DR expirations.

Mahesh

>>> Mike_Cantrell AT SAKSINC DOT COM 07/28/03 11:47AM >>>
Hello
You need to use SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS, instead of del volhist
t=dbb.
This is an excert from help del volhist.

  5. For users of DRM, the database backup expiration should be
controlled
     with the SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS command instead of this DELETE
     VOLHISTORY command. Using the DELETE VOLHISTORY command removes
TSM's
     record of the volume. This can cause volumes to be lost that were
     managed by the MOVE DRMEDIA command. The recommended way to manage
the
     automatic expiration of DRM database backup volumes is by using