ADSM-L

Re: Solaris v5.2 client skipping files which should be backed up

2003-07-25 05:38:13
Subject: Re: Solaris v5.2 client skipping files which should be backed up
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:37:47 +0200
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:04:36 -0500
"Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU> wrote:

> Solaris client v5.2 running under solaris 2.8.
> Tsm server v5.1.6.2 on solaris 2.8 (same physical machine).
>
> Files in the /opt filesystem are being skipped even though they are
> cliarly modified since last backup. Below is a file composed of screen
> dumps showing the output of ls -l to show modification date, then a "show
> dom" from the command line client to show /opt is indeed in the domain,
> then a backup consisting of "inc" with no options, showing the file not
> backed up.
>
> Finally, output from "inc /opt" which does back up the file, and at the
> end, df -k showing it is indeed in the /opt filesystem.
>
> Any ideas out there?

query inclexcl might show something...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams