ADSM-L

Deleteing a version of a backed up file

2003-07-24 22:30:44
Subject: Deleteing a version of a backed up file
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:30:22 -0400
If I have 5 versions of a file and want to delete/expire the 3rd copy, how
can I do this with the TSM client? EXPIRE doesn't give me an option for a
specific object.

The reason I'm asking is that I have a client that will be using the TDP for
Informix to backup his data. He wants to do the daily/weekly/monthly backup
scheme. But because Informix retains the backup objects required for
restores in an internal table, I can't use more than a single nodename. If
the Informix sync utility (simialar to tdposync for Oracle) is run and it
doesn't see the weekly/monthly objects they will be removed from his catalog
and a restore couldn't be accomplished. So I was thinking of manually
expiring individual objects based on their backup date. But all I see is the
EXPIRE command.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??