ADSM-L

Re: TDP Domino and transaction logs

2003-07-24 09:20:38
Subject: Re: TDP Domino and transaction logs
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:18:09 -0400
They haze just lifted with the 2nd cup of coffee.... When the INACTIVATELOGS
runs, all it does is "expire" the active versions and then they're retained
by the VERD/RETO parameters. So if, as Del suggests, I bind the logs to a
VERD=NOLIM,RETO=7, then I'll only be keeping them a week beyond when they
inactivate...?

So my 2 management classes for Domino would be:

VERE=NOLIM, RETE=35, VERD=NOLIM, RETO=35   for the databases
VERE=NOLIM, RETE=7, VERD=NOLIM, RETO=7      for the logs

They should find a way to start the day off like you've already had 2-cups
of coffee!! :-)

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.