ADSM-L

Re: help:server recovery

2003-07-23 05:13:54
Subject: Re: help:server recovery
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:13:29 +0200
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:28:59 +0800
"Pole, Stephen" <Stephen.Pole AT HEALTH.WA.GOV DOT AU> wrote:

> I s your resume up to date :-)
>
> I am sure someone else here will help you.
>
> Cheeers
>
> Stephen

I think it might be feasable to do a dsmformat -log for the proper file.
Then halt the server, start it up again, start praying to all the gods in
the world that you didn't loose to much data, if the server starts at all.
Start reading the manual about the backup db, backup devconf and backup
volhist commands. Maybe you could blame someone else for not setting up our
server to do ferquent db backups, that might save your job...

I've never tested what might go wrong if you screw up a logvol, so I'm not
sure this will work. If all else fails, maybe Tivoli support can help you,
they sometimes do have tricks up their hat that you really don't want to
know about. I guess this one guy who helped us out once would at least be in
a state of panic, this probably being a data integrity kind of problem....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams