ADSM-L

Re: Problem with the W2k 5.2.0.1 Client?

2003-07-22 10:11:38
Subject: Re: Problem with the W2k 5.2.0.1 Client?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:11:14 -0400
>Just one of my Windows 2000 SP3 servers to the 5.2.0.1 client.  My server is
>5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3.
>07/22/2003 08:39:31 ANS9999E ntrc.cpp(890): Received Win32 RC 1450 from
>FileRead(): ReadFile
>I was also receiving errors on my old version 5.1.6.0 on this server.
>Is the problem with the client or the journal engine?  Also anybody have any
>ideas on how to fix this?

Refer to your Windows Return Codes reference when encountering such problems:

 1450               Insufficient system resources exist
ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES
                    to complete the requested service.

Is this an undersized PC, perhaps - too little real memory or paging space?
This would explain it occurring regardless of client level, as it is endemic
to the PC configuration.  (Have your Windows admins get that machine to SP4
when opportune, for safety.)

  Richard Sims, BU