ADSM-L

Re: Stats

2003-07-21 13:31:54
Subject: Re: Stats
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:24:35 -0400
Hi TSMer's,

I am looking for a way to figure a total Gb of active files on a particular
node.  We had a mini-DR with 9 out of 14 hard drives (raided) go bad.  We
had to restore 400 Gb of data but never was able to figure what was the
total active files that TSM was going to restore.  All the higher beings
could not understand why I could not give an ETA when I could not get the
total of the nodes.  I had some Backupsets but that does not record how
much data on all the tapes.  Is there someway of getting a total on the
Backupset?  I am trying to set up a system where this will never happen
again, even if I have to go against the progressive incremental and run a
incremental full just to get the totals for future restores.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD