ADSM-L

SQL Server: RESTORE VERIFYONLY

2003-07-18 17:25:07
Subject: SQL Server: RESTORE VERIFYONLY
From: Chris Leonard <christopher-leonard AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:09:41 -0500
Hello all,

The SQL Server command RESTORE ... VERIFYONLY allows you to check the
physical integrity of a backup without having to actually restore it onto a
server.  Microsoft says that if your backup passes the VERIFYONLY test, then
they guarantee that it can be restored.

What I want to know is whether this functionality is exposed through TDP for
SQL Server.  Does anybody know?  I can't find anything in the command
reference.  I also couldn't find anything in the listserv archives (though I
haven't found a good way to search them yet).

Thanks very much,
Chris

Chris Leonard, University of Iowa ITS DBA
300 USB / 319-384-0801

Pound!  Bang!  Bin!  Bash!
Is this a shell script, or a Batman comic?