ADSM-L

Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview

2003-07-18 10:20:25
Subject: Re: ITSM Operational Reporting Technology Preview
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:20:55 -0500
Hi Christo,

I am running the ITSM Operational Reporting on a W2K box.

Shannon

                      Christo Heuer
                      <christoh AT ABSA DOT CO        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      .ZA>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: ITSM Operational
Reporting Technology Preview
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      07/18/2003 08:04
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi Shannon,

You do not mention your platform you are running the reports on - those
type
of messages are normally related to something the application tries to do
that Windows does not like....

Cheers
Christo

> I find that half the SQL Selects do not work with MVS but I can go in and
> modify the custom report to reflect Selects that do work.  The big
problem
> I have is that I get the following error every time the Hourly Monitor
> runs;

> syshost.exe - Application Error
> The instruction at "0x77cb17f" referenced memory at "0x021b0013".  The
> memory could
> could not be "read".
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program

> Since I have no idea what it means I hit CANCEL to debug the program and
my
> PC makes noises like it doing something serious, then the error message
> goes away until the next time the Hourly Monitor runs.  I have no idea
> where to look for debug results.  I sent a feedback to ITSM support with
> the information but I have no idea if they'll address it or not........
>

>                       "Wayne T. Smith"
>                       <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>         To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                       Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
>                       Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: ITSM
Operational Reporting Technology Preview
>                       Manager"
>                       <[email protected]
>                       .EDU>
>

>                       07/17/2003 10:31
>                       AM
>                       Please respond to
>                       "ADSM: Dist Stor
>                       Manager"
>

> E Mike Collins wrote:
> > TSM operational reporting is a simple tool designed to help you keep
TSM
> > running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. It runs on Windows and supports
> TSM
> > servers on all platforms.    ...
>
> Fwiw, (as might be expected) it does not run on (the very old VM)
> Version 3.1.2, as it uses a number of tables unavailable in 3.1.2
> (summary, events, etc.).   cheers, wayne

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. Absa Bank Limited
(registration number :1986/004794/06) is liable neither for the
proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt, nor for the
assurance that it is virus-free."