ADSM-L

Re: AW: Multi session backup restore question

2003-07-17 11:44:42
Subject: Re: AW: Multi session backup restore question
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:43:46 -0400
If it's 1 filespace, then just one restore session no matter how
much data.  Well, let me modify that.  If you have filespace say
/test and then have say ten folders under it such that you have
/test/dir1, /test/dir2, etc.  then you can do multiple restore sessions
with each specifying a separate one of these, I believe.  Haven't tried
it but should work.  However there will most likely be times where
several sessions are waiting on same tape.

David Longo

>>> stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE 07/17/03 10:36AM >>>
Hello,

I'm not sure i understand that feature, therefore the following question:

1 Filespace with 100 GByte active data spread over 10 tapes and 10
tapedrives available.
Can you restore this filespace from all 10 tapes at the same time or should
the tapes belong to different filespaces?

Kind Regards
Stefan Holzwarth