ADSM-L

Re: Loading DR tapes into an automated library

2003-07-11 11:03:40
Subject: Re: Loading DR tapes into an automated library
From: Michael Swinhoe <mike.swinhoe AT UK.ZURICH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:50:13 +0100
Tom,
     I can now check the tapes in but our barcodes are 6 digits and when I
checked the tapes in as scratch it has tagged 2 extra digits onto the end.
Do you know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Mike.

Regards,
Michael Swinhoe
Storage Management Group
Zurich Financial Services
E-mail:   mailto:Mike.Swinhoe AT UK.Zurich DOT com

                    Tom Kauffman
                    <KauffmanT@NI        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BCO.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Loading DR tapes into
an automated library
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/07/2003
                    15:02
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

What do you mean "Refusing to read"?

We did this earlier this year.

Try this:

1) Open the library
2) Insert your tapes
3) close the library
4) wait for the initialization to finish
5) Use the front-panel controls to query the library - should show the
number of tapes
6) use the front panel controls to move a tape by volser and see if you get
a list of your tapes

If #6 works, the library read your barcodes; if not, your D/R site provider
needs to investigate what's wrong.

7) within TSM, "Audit library <libname> checklabel=barcode
8) Checkin libv <libname> search=yes status=scratch checklabel=barcode
9) Checkin libv <libname> search=yes status=private checklabel=barcode

For 7 thru 9 to work, your library definitions need to be correct in TSM,
and I'm not sure how that works in a Win2K envirnment as our TSM server is
AIX.

HTH --

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc