ADSM-L

Re: Linux Client Won't Back Up

2003-07-09 08:27:36
Subject: Re: Linux Client Won't Back Up
From: Brad Wallace <Bradley_Wallace AT GLIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:23:47 -0400
Thanks for your response Richard,

The activity log says:

ANR0481W Session 3174 for node GPGECOS (Linux86) terminated - client did
not respond within 60 seconds.

The TSM server has:
      IDLETIMEOUT           30
      COMMTIMEOUT  60

Other nodes compress and transfer files over a gig in size.  With this
Linux node, I can't even get /var, with several little files, to back up.

I wonder if there's some problems with the TCP/IP settings in Linux
itself.... not necessarily TSM.

----- Forwarded by Bradley Wallace/TheGuardian on 07/09/2003 08:15 AM -----

                             Richard Sims
                             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>           To:     ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor     cc:
                      Manager"                      Subject:  Re: Linux Client
Won't Back Up
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                             07/09/2003 07:24 AM
                      Please respond to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

>If I back up files individually, it works OK.  But when I try to do an
>incremental back up of a file system, I get the following errors:
>
>ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = 8, errno = 104, reason :
'Connection
>reset by peer'.

The peer is the TSM server.  What does its Activity Log say about the
reason
that it terminated the session?  Maybe the server was installed with
default
configuration values and its timeout specs need boosting?

  Richard Sims, BU