ADSM-L

Linux Client Won't Back Up

2003-07-08 16:28:05
Subject: Linux Client Won't Back Up
From: Brad Wallace <Bradley_Wallace AT GLIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:10:52 -0400
Just installed TSM Linux x86 client 5.1.5.14 on Red Hat Linux version 9.0
with Linux Kernel 2.4
The TSM server is 5.1.5.4 on AIX.

If I back up files individually, it works OK.  But when I try to do an
incremental back up of a file system, I get the following errors:

ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = 8, errno = 104, reason : 'Connection
reset by peer'.
cuConfirm: Received rc: -50 trying to receive ConfirmResp verb
ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
ANS1810E TSM session has been reestablished.
sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.

In the TSM Server, when I query the file systems for the machine, it shows
Filespace type EXT3.

I assume since TSM requires Linux kernel 2.4.0 or higher that it would
work, even though it's Red Hat version 9.0.
Any ideas?