ADSM-L

Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences

2003-07-08 13:40:40
Subject: Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:39:18 -0400
I've seen up to 45 MB/sec backuping oracle databases lan free. Of cource oracle
compresses pretty well. This was seen on the brocade switch so I'm guessing its
accurate.

Guillaume Gilbert
Conseiller - Gestion du stockage
CGI - Gestion intégré des technologies
TEL.:  (514) 415-3000 ext 5091
Pager:   (514) 957-2615
Email : guillaume.gilbert AT cgi DOT com

Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2003-07-08
13:34:33

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :      "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :     Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences

>I'm curious as to what kind of MB/sec throughput people are seeing with TSM
and LTO drives.

It varies drastically for us based upon the objects being moved, of course.
10-15MB/s / drive is normal for us overall.

>How many MB/sec does a migration process produce in your environment?

We achieve about 12-14MB/s per drive when performing migration.

>Does anyone have any DB's streaming directly to LTO and some figures?
Appreciate any feedback

Yes, our Exchange boxes stream nicely at about 15MB/s per drive.

HTH!

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands