ADSM-L

Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences

2003-07-08 13:37:00
Subject: Re: LTO throughput - real world experiences
From: Shawn Price <sprice AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:36:28 -0400
What is the best way to determine what your throughput is for each
process? Are you just going by the activity log?

Thanks!

Shawn

>>> cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US 07/08/03 1:34 PM >>>
>I'm curious as to what kind of MB/sec throughput people are seeing with
TSM
and LTO drives.

It varies drastically for us based upon the objects being moved, of
course.
10-15MB/s / drive is normal for us overall.

>How many MB/sec does a migration process produce in your environment?

We achieve about 12-14MB/s per drive when performing migration.

>Does anyone have any DB's streaming directly to LTO and some figures?
Appreciate any feedback

Yes, our Exchange boxes stream nicely at about 15MB/s per drive.

HTH!

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands