ADSM-L

Faster Desasterrecovery for Windows NT

2003-07-08 11:00:41
Subject: Faster Desasterrecovery for Windows NT
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:59:00 +0200
Hello,

yesterday i had a look at powerquests V2I Serverprotect Software.
They restore their images from an Windows XP running entirely from CDROM
(WindowsPE)
I wonder whether we could do that with TSM...

One problem is to restore the systemobject as files to the newly restored
systemdrive.
Like in ADSM Times, where you had to copy adsm.sys to winnt\system32\config
But TSM does not offer to reroute systemobject restores to folders.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Kind regards,
Stefan Holzwarth

Stefan Holzwarth
ADAC e.V. (Informationsverarbeitung - Systemtechnik - Basisdienste)
Am Westpark 8, 81373 München, Tel.: (089) 7676-5212, Fax: (089) 76768924
mailto:stefan.holzwarth AT adac DOT de