ADSM-L

Re: weekly archives of Linux clients

2003-07-08 07:52:07
Subject: Re: weekly archives of Linux clients
From: "Coolen, IG (Ilja)" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:51:28 +0200
Rainer,

looks like you need to make a script which figures out what filesystems are
defined and start an archive of each filesystem, either simulaneously or
after each other, whatever your machine can handle.

try the df command to display the mounted filesystems.
use this output to build the list of filesystems needed for archive.

PS:
we only use script for all the backups/archives and even restores, because
the scheduler just doesn't do the errorhandling well enough.
We run about 400 clients a day (20 SUN, 50 AIX, 330 Windows).

grtz,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl
Centrale Mailbox         : Centrale Mailbox - BS Storage         (eumbx05)

  _____

- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -